Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Steven Spielberg on digital or not digital:

Press Conference: "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"

 

2008 May – Cannes Film Festival

 

Steven Spielberg on digital or not digital:

"The film is being released digitally on a lot of screens, about 300. Making a film digitally and releasing a film in the same digital process gives a beautiful image. It creates an extraordinarily clean, sharp image, but making a film on celluloid - as I’d like to do with all of my pictures –then transferring, releasing it, and projecting it digitally is a very inferior image. So the decision to go out to a vast number of motion picture theatres was a simple decision for me to make. But digital cinema is inevitable, it’s right around the corner and even someday I will have to convert, but right now I love film.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment as you wish.